Friday, September 2, 2011

Dre's Top 25 Games: The NOT top 10 Entry 2

Yay, I got the first one out of the way. Now for me to attempt to do this two days in a row.

BATMAN: ARKHAM ASYLUM
-Playstation 3 (also on Xbox360) August 25, 2009

For over 20 years developers have struggled to make a Batman game that did not suck. They failed horribly each and every time. Licensed crap from movies and failed attempts to take advantage of the superb animated series from the 90s doomed Batman to video game hell.

That was until developer Rocksteady somehow pulled off the miracle of miracles. They created a game where you did NOT fight and endless stream of thugs. They made a game where you GOT to BE BATMAN. The fear instilled in the common thugs. The amazing gadgets. The stealth that Batman is known for. And best of all, you got to look at the world through Batman's eyes in "Detective Mode" where you saw every angle, every enemy and every option that Batman would think of.

I was obsessed with this game. The day I bought it I played it from roughly 630pm till about 2am. Then the next day I played it from 5pm till I finished it around 8pm. I had not done that with a game in SEVERAL YEARS. THAT is how GOOD this game is.

I really do not have that much more to say about the game. Its freaking awesome and most of you reading this have already played it and are eagerly anticipating the new one coming this fall.

Tomorrow will be a hopefully longer entry about another game from 2009.


No comments:

Post a Comment