Friday, February 4, 2011

Reckless and pointless endeavors!

Chipped away some more at that massive gaming blog series I intend to someday type up/transfer from my crackberry, but much like the organization of the mass destruction which is my garage it is going to take more time than I have. I only have 5 out of the 25 short justifications of what sets apart my "favorites of all time" done so far. I do have the "List" per say already done and categorized by top 10 in chronological order and the "not top 10" also in chronological order. I am not ranking them individually but in my hypocrisy I am separating the proverbial cream of the crop from the rest. Its my blog, I will do it my way and if you are reading this then I have technically already "won" against any argument pointing out the fallacy of my logic.

In other pointless news regarding the video game realm, i have some how finished a second game in a row. This is a monumental achievement for me considering that I probably only finished 5 games in the previous 12-16 months. TWO in a ROW (Red Dead Redemption on PS3 and Kingdom Hearts: BBS on PSP) seems like a breakneck pace. I am currently debating between the first Dead Space on PS3 or Uncharted 2, but I have complicated things by purchasing DC Universe Online against my better judgement. Massively Multiplayer Online RPGs and I have a bit of a checkered past. I love and hate them at the same time. Repetitive timesinks do feed into my passive OCD side, but the fact I have to pay on a monthly basis to continue to play nags at my logic centers. I have only played 2 in my gaming past (Phantasy Star Universe on PS2 and Final Fantasy 11 on Xbox360) and I lasted about 4 months on each when the real world came calling and had me unplug from each respective "Matrix". Now I have one that makes the little comic nerd inside me jump for joy and the idea of being obsessed with this game kinda scares me.

So far fate has intervened with my attempts to start this game. Work responsibilities prevented me from playing it on Wed or Thursday. Today was intended to be dedicated to starting up, but apparently the PSN network is not allowing my old and phat PS3 to log in and do the mandatory update required to play online.

I am not a believer in fate and such, but maybe the gaming gods are trying to tell me something.

-Dre

No comments:

Post a Comment