So LeBron James made his return to Cleveland and I was hoping to see the Mistake by the Lake hand out some epic BOOING and soccer chants at "The Lying King", BUT sadly the Cavaliers forgot how to make a basket and the Heat ran them off the court. The fans quit their booing just like the Cavs quit playing basketball in the 2nd quarter. I watched the first half of this disaster and saw a menagerie of airballs and blown passes. The only important game they will play the entire season and they did not show up. All they did was watch LeBron score like crazy, let D-Wade dunk all over them, and allow LeBron to joke with them ON THEIR BENCH. Probably one of the most disappointing games I have ever watched in my life, on several levels.
A friend and I had a discussion about the formation of the Miami Superteam where I was against it and he was for it. He presented a compelling argument about how they sacrificed to play together and wanted to re-create the experience of the 2008 Olympic team. Now that we are 20 or so games into the season, I feel that now my argument has more validity. I was against it because it seemed more like a publicity grab than a grand gesture at the inception of this with "The Decision" and now that they are struggling to play together with a team full of minimum salary players and infighting with their coach. This adversity is showing how much of a prima donna LeBron really is. He is looking to pass the blame to someone else, "It cannot possibly be his fault that they are not playing well, he is a basketball genius". Erik Spoelstra tries to, you know, BE A COACH and tell him what to do and LeBron ignores it. Listening to some of the info surrounding this, it appears that no one have ever challenged or defied LeBron before. The previous coaches in Cleveland allowed King James to do whatever he wanted and allowed him to walk all over them. LeBron and Co. are more interested in having "fun" than playing basketball, which is going to get him the same place he was in Cleveland: nowhere.
No comments:
Post a Comment