Sunday, March 22, 2009

"Tivo-blogging" Steven's B-Day dinner and my thoughts on RE5

"Tivo blog" Steven's B-Day and RE5


Thanks to Mr. Irv Danupatampa, the delayed versions of my blog will be called "Tivo-Blogging" since I am blogging onsite with no access to the internets as opposed to my old title of "Tape Delayed Blogging"


Out at la Boheme Cafe in West Hollywood for Mr. Steven Sakata's B-Day where I just paid 20 dollars for a piece of chicken that is decorated with potatoes and a funny orange sauce. At least the piece of chicken was big, as big as the one Chris Rock was talking about in his stand up show "Bigger and Blacker" where when Daddy gets home from work, he is entitled to the biggest piece of Chicken.

They just brought out the dessert menus and everything is complicated and expensive. Hilarious. 


I think I am pissing people off by busting out my laptop and working on this blog, but since I have been relegated to the "kids table" and ran out of random stuff to talk about, I figured I should be 

productive and get to work on some blogging that I fell behind on.


I can't remember what i was supposed to cover on this blog. It was either supposed to be about RE5 or some

thing. Lets go with that.


Resident Evil 5 has been pretty damn awesome in my opinion, quite the contrast of most the morons on kotaku that cry out that the game should change and have moving and shooting at the same time. If I wanted to play "Gears of Evil" then I would pop in the popular 3rd person alien genocide game and play that instead. I don't care that Capcom has not changed this "annoyance" in the control scheme. I clearly remember that in 2005 that the Game of the Year had this EXACT SAME MECHANIC and that the gaming populace ate it up like chcoclate covered crack. 


Capcom took the base concepts of Resident Evil 4 and added co-op online play. In theo

ry this is pretty damn awesome, as long as you have a competent friend with you to join the fight either in person for split-screen or over the net via Xbox Live or PSN. If you choose to venture out as a rouge and play solo in the single player, you must contend with a computer controlled partner. This is passable for the most part, until you ge

t to some difficult situations such as boss battles or massive ambushes, then your NPC friend becomes a bit of a hassle as they waste ammo, burn through healing items and hoard everything until you pry it from their cold dead NPC hands. 


Getting back to why I think this game is good. When you have a good partner, like I do with my best friend Jai, you can strategize and plan who will grab what items or weapons and delegate who will kill what. The other fun part is the color commentary that happens when you are playing with a friend, especially when you and said friend have incredible comedic timing. You see, there are several outrageous situations in the game that require you to react with the dumbest jokes possible. 


For example: you see a white woman dragged away by a bunch of the zombies and my buddy shouts out "NO. LEAVE ME ALONE, I HAVE A FICO SCORE OF 650!!!" and my response was " Quick, call 911, a white woman is in danger!!" Comedy gold if you happened to be in the room like Jai's cousin Brian was. 

Of course there was countless other racial jokes that we were dropping that I cannot repeat on the internets due to the fact that my co-workers from the large corporation that I work for could possibly read this. Needless to say we were being pretty damn ignorant and damn it was fun. 


One ignorant tale I can share is pretty funny. Back when RE4 came out, the zombies spoke spanish and I had to translate all the swears that the villagers would toss at poor old Leon Kennedy since I am me

xican and understand spanish. As we were now playing RE5 and it is set in Africa, I turned to my buddy Jai and said, "Your turn to translate buddy" and his quick response was  "I am black, not african!!!" You can tell we are having a grand old time with this game. 


Sidebar- We are now in Koreatown at a coffee place called Koffea. It is filled with Koreans watching the World Baseball Classic where Korea is killing Venezuela 10-2 the last time I checked.


Racism aside, the game does what it is supposed to do. Kill "infected drones" that rush at you during inopportune moments, waste all your ammo against giant Bio Organic Weapons of Ass Destruction, and continue the non-senseical story of bio-weapon corporations that have the South Park underwear gnome profit plan of Kill Everyone+ (blank) = PROFIT!!! 


Point being, if you were a fan of the 2005 GAME OF THE YEAR Resident Evil 4, then you will find this game to be almost as awesome. If you hate Resident Evil, they why the fuck do you care if this game has tank controls and will not "evolve", move on and play your "Queers of War" and stop complaining about games you will never play. Of course the people who think this way are probably not reading this blog and I probably did not need to state it, but it makes me feel better anyway. 


Next time on my blogo:  Either my thoughts on "March Madness" and why I stopped caring about it OR my thoughts on my stupid ex and why I  FINALLY stopped caring about it. It will depend on my mood which one I choose. 


Good Night and Good Luck


-Dre

No comments:

Post a Comment